This Bread is great for breakfast, for a snack or cut into smaller blocks add cover with some chocolate icing.
The entire recipe is only about 1100 calories, makes about 16 servings at 70 calories depending on your service size.
|Mix Dry in a bowel |
70g coconut flour
2 cups grated baby marrow / zucchini (course or fine grated)
2 pinches of salt
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon baking powder
Optional: ¼ cup mixed crushed nuts
Optional: ¼ chocolate chips
|Mix Wet in a bowel |
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup of water (or more if needed)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowel
- Mix wet ingredients in a bowel
- Combine them both by mixing them with a spoon.
- Let the batter stand for a few minutes to see if the coconut flour absorbed moisture. The batter should be slightly more wet, then dry. If it feels to dry, add 1/3 cup of extra water or even a milk alternative if you like.
- Scoop into a greased pan and sprinkle extra course salt, chocolate chips or nuts over
- Bake for 35 minutes at 190 degrees or until toothpick comes out clear.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes outside on kitchen top before cutting.
You could change the taste of this bread by adding spices like rosemary and thyme. Or replace the nuts with grated mozzarella cheese.
|Zuccini Bread LowCarb||1,073||40||90||66||43|
|per slice (16 slices)||67||2||6||4||3|